· Aims to provide instant policy issuance and hassle-free claims service
02 March, 2016: Royal Sundaram General Insurance today announced the launch of its two-wheeler insurance policy offering comprehensive coverage for two wheelers including accessories, damage to third party property and life. Under the policy, customers will be able to buy their two wheeler insurance or renew their existing two wheeler policyonline. Customers can also avail eligible no claim bonus for claim-free years and this can be freely shifted when the policyholder moves the policy to Royal Sundaram.
Other features of the policy include unlimited liability for third party death/injury claims and indemnity for third party property damage up to a limit of Rs. 1 lakh. The policy also offers personal accident cover upto Rs1 lakh at an additional premium.
Commenting on the launch of the new policy, M.S. Sreedhar, Managing Director & CEO, Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited, said, “The youth in India demands speed, efficiency and uninterrupted access to service. India is also among the leading markets for two-wheelers in the world as well as the fastest growing in terms of Internet penetration. We feel our latest product emanates out of this unique opportunity.”
Sreedhar further added, “It is mandatory by law that every two wheeler has an insurance cover as is the case with four wheelers. The extent of uninsured vehicles is a serious cause of concern for the industry. Many a time, customers omit to renew their policies on time and it remains uninsured and uncovered for third party claims as well. Using our online portal, customers will be able to buy or renew their desired policy at their convenience anywhere, anytime.
Key Features of the Policy
· Unlimited liability for death/injury claims in case of an accident by or from the use of the two wheeler.
· Members of Automobile Association of India will get up to 5% discount on the own damage premium or a maximum of Rs. 50.
· Transfer of No Claim Bonus (NCB) from other insurance company on renewal with Royal Sundaram’s two wheeler insurance policy online.
· The company offers inbuilt Personal Accident cover to owner driver, as mandated by the tariff at a nominal premium of Rs.50/- and it offers an optional Personal Accident cover to the pillion rider for a nominal additional premium.
· The company enables customers get an instant two wheeler insurance quote. Also, customers can call dedicated insurance advisors for help on 1860 425 0000.