Mumbai, (GPN) : From L-R:- Vijay D’Silva – Medical Director, Vivek Singh – Jt. MD Procam International, P N Sankaran – Operation Head, Procam International , Hugh Jones – Race Director unvailing the route map at the Technical Press Conference of Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019 in Mumbai – Photo By Sachin Murdeshwar
MUMBAI, 16 january, 2019 (GPN) : Procam International, promoters of the IAAF Gold Label Tata Mumbai Marathon, outlined arrangements that are in place for the 46,000+ participants on Sunday, 20th January 2019. Hugh Jones- Race Director, Dr. Vijay D’Silva-Medical Director, Vivek Singh, Jt. MD Procam International and P N Sankaran-Director, Operations Representative highlighted the medical facilities, various facilities at the start/finish and the new route and timings for the event.
On the announcement, Hugh Jones, Race Director said: “There is a slight change this year along the route around the finish lines. We have various finish points for an improved experience. Marathon Amateurs, Half Marathoners, and participants in the Timed 10km Run will be finishing at Hazarimal Somani Marg. We are also going to start early so that the marathoners have covered a good amount of length before the sun hits them. We will have less conflict with moving traffic, and also have taken into consideration the ongoing metro construction work. We have managed to have a straight run for the elite runners. This year we have less turns and kept only one u-turn, which is at Nariman Point. All these changes will ensure that both runners and spectators enjoy a smooth race during Tata Mumbai Marathon 2019.”
The 16thedition of the event will observeslight changes in the route in timing, start and finish lines across categories.
Speaking to the media persons Dr. Vijay D’silva, Medical Director, added that, “It’s a privilege for Asian Heart Institute and me to be associated with the Mumbai Marathon since inception. This year, we have built an infrastructure which is a replica of the hospital. It is spread over the entire 42-km course with 400-500 medical manpower and 2 major base camps, one with 40 beds and another with 20 beds. To ensure the health of every participant, we have arranged 11 aid- stations across the route, 13 ambulances, and 8 medics on bikes. More than 200 medical people with over 400 volunteers will be present along the course.”
Addressing to media Vivek Singh, Jt. MD, Procam International said: “We are thankful to the government and Bombay Gymkhana for their support. This year we have made slight changes across the course and created a challenging environment. We have ensured that there is no stoppage in any metro construction work. This year we have kept a finish at Hazarimal Somani Marg for certain categories of runners. We would like to thank all the authorities in the city as they have provided us excellent support to ensure that we have a successful edition once again.“
RACE DAY ARRANGEMENTS: Runners are Tata Mumbai Marathon’s biggest stakeholders and Procam will continue with deploying initiatives towards making race day more memorable for all participants.
MEDICAL ARRANGEMENTS BY ASIAN HEART INSTITUTE: Asian Heart Institute (AHI), the Medical Partner to the event for the past fifteen years in succession has contributed state-of-the-art facilities and services for the runners. With its entire medical infrastructure in place, Asian Heart Institute can aptly handle any medical emergency – injuries, dehydration, or any other complication arising due to long distance running, along the route.
- Ambulances: 11
- Medical Personnel on Duty: 600
- Medics on bikes: 8
- Spotter placed every 100m for the last 2kms of the race to identify participants who need medical attention.
- Medical Stations: 12 (including 2 Base Camps)
- Medical Station Locations: 2 Stations at Jazz By the Bay on Marine Drive, 1 station at Chowpatty, 1 Station at Peddar Road – Cadbury House, 1 Station Before WorliSealink, 1 Station at Dr. Annie Besant Road, 1 Station at Caddel Road, 1 Station at Bandra Reclamation before the Toll Naka, 1 Station at Aarey Dairy Junction at Worli, 1 Station at Parsi Dairy after Princess Street Flyover
- 2 Base Camps: 1 at Azad Maidan Gate No. 3; and 1 at Inside azad maiden opposite Bombay Gymkhana
- One Base Camp Half Marathon Holding Area (Inside AareyWorli Dairy)
TRANSPORT FACILITIES FOR PARTICIPANTS:
- Free Shuttle Service: For the convenience of all the confirmed Half Marathon participants,a total of 55free shuttle service will be functional. The service will run from outside Mahalaxmi (western line) and Parel (central line) railway stations between 3:30 am and 4:45 am.
- Participants travelling by Car/ Radio Taxis from North Mumbai:Runners from North Mumbai, using vehicles to get dropped off for the event, can ply upto the Doordarshan Bhavan – shuttle bus services will operate from Doordarshan Bhavan to Worli Dairy, between 3:45 am and 4:50 am.
- Train Services: Special trains arranged in the early morning hours on race day to Churchgate and CSMT
START/FINISH + ON-COURSE FACILITIES: For the convenience of the participants, the following facilities are available along the route and at the start/finish.
- Water Stations: 27 stations will distribute over 1.6 lakh liters of water
Flora Fountain, Jazz By the Bay – Marine Drive, Marine Drive near Bank of Baroda opposite Sonewala Building, Chowpatty, Peddar Road opposite Kenilworth, Lala College opposite Lala Lajpat Marg, Worli Sea Face , Opposite Worli Depot, Thadani Marg of Pochkanwala Road, Old Passport Office, Shivaji Park, Opposite Koliwada Mahim Causeway, Bandra Reclamation before the Toll Naka, Bandra – Worli Sea Link (tentative), INS Trata, Worli Sea Face Bombay Dyeing Junction, Mela Restaurant, Nehru Planetarium, Cadbury House, Babulnath, Chowpatty, Outside Wilson Gymkhana, Marine Drive – SonewalaBuilding,Churchgate outside Stadium Hotel, Parsi Dairy after Princess Street Flyover, Hazarimal Somani Marg, Mahatma Gandhi Road.
- ORSL Restoration Stations: 9 stations will distribute 1.61 lakh of tetra packs
ORSL Restoration Stations: Jaslok Hospital at Peddar Road, Bandra Worli Sea Link, Bandra Reclamation, Veer Savarkar Marg near Mayor Bungalow, Worli Sea Face before Bombay Dyeing Junction, LalaLajpatrai Marg outside Lala College, Marine Drive outside Wilson Gymkhana, D N Road.
- Nature valley recharge zone: 11
- Cool Sponge Stations: 11
- Nature valley oats biscuit -15000
- Cool Sponge Stations: 11
- Chemical Toilets: 344 (Holding area + route including toilets for differently abled)
- Four-sided Urinals: 48 * 4
- On route Public Toilets: 5
- AC Container Toilets for women only at Azad Maidan: 2
- ASICS Warm-up Zone
- Volini recovery zone
- Refreshment Medals Zone
- Towel Distribution Zone
- Policemen on Duty: 9000
- Security Guards: 1600
- Volunteers: 1400
LIVE TELECAST : Race Day proceedings will be liveon Star Sports 1, Star Sports HD 1 and Hotstar the Channel Partner from 7.00 am to 11.30 am. Ends