A Comprehensive Fintech Festival in India, encompassing key Global Fintech Stakeholders aimed to answer ‘What will it take for Vizag to evolve as a Global Fintech Hub’
- More than 1500 delegates from across the globe to attend the conference
- Over 75speakers’ (30 international)including Banks, NBFCs, corporates, start-ups and more than 40 exhibitors including Fintech startup ecosystem players and influencers
- Themes include BankTech, InsurTech, GovTech, Financial Inclusion, EmergeTech
- Million Dollar Challenge – Inviting Start-ups from across the globe to showcase their solutions and get connected with the Indian Market
Mumbai, 11th September 2018 (GPN) : Fintech Valley Vizag announced Vizag Fintech Festival, a week-long event slated for 22-26 October 2018 at Novotel Hotel, Vizag. Vizag Fintech Festival will provide an industry platform for organizations to capitalize and penetrate the lucrative Indian Fintech market. The event will witness a congregation of India’s economic community to discuss industry trends, market insights and challenges including the Indian regulatory framework along with Global Fintech Ecosystem. The flagship initiative intends to bring together industry, academia, and investors to innovate, co-create, and build the Fintech ecosystem, with the intent of making Visakhapatnam the Fintech Epicenter of the world.
At this iconic event, attendees will hear from prominent speakers from Regulatory Authorities such as Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Reserve Bank of India and multinational fintech companies talking about improving digital infrastructure in the nation, bringing India to the grips of cyber security and opportunities in India’s Digital Banking Transformation. The Fintech conference will cover key topics like:
- Gauge the current state of India’s fintech landscape
- Key upcoming opportunities in B2C, B2B and specifically B2G given the digital & less cash focus of our country.
- Identify the key challenges and opportunities for the Fintech entrepreneurs, and perspective of incumbents
- Key new age skills & talent/ tech gaps faced by the Fintech Industry.
- Regulatory & policy support which could further help catalyse Fintech ecosystem.
- Design a roadmap for the development of an empowering Fintech ecosystem.
Sri. Nara Lokesh (IT Minister, Govt. of AP), while addressing the media at “Curtain Raiser for Vizag Fintech Festival” in Vijayawada along with Sri. Vijayanand IAS (Principal Secretary, IT) and Sri. JA Chowdary (IT Advisor), stressed on the need to adopt technological advancements in order to keep progressing. “Technological advancements play a pivotal role in governance and development. The Fintech landscape and its incumbents are changing fast and if we plan to be ahead of the curve and leverage the momentum created. We are using technology in every aspect in Andhra Pradesh and its prime example is theimplementation of real-time governance in the state using IOT sensors and drones” he said.
Vizag Fintech Festival 2018 will also feature a series of exciting events including CXO Golf Tournament, Opening Bash, CXO Roundtable, Exhibition, Networking Reception, Comic Relief, Re-Imagine Tour, Demo Day and Awards, and Site Tours. The most enthralling aspect of the festival is the $1Mn Challenge being conducted worldwide enabling startups to showcase their products and solutions. With roadshows planned in 8 major cities (Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv Paris, London, Hong Kong and Bangalore) around the globe and the challenge will culminate in Vizag with 25 Finalists from around the world pitching on Demo Day. Winners will be announced at the Award ceremony during the festival.We will be organising a Fintech Student Hackathon covering the concept of Blockchain in Finance and Education. The preparatory workshops for the Hackathon will be held Sep 15 and Oct 15th, 2018 at various colleges across Andhra Pradesh. The final 36-hour hackathon will be conducted in Visakhapatnam from Oct 20th – 21st, 2018. The winners will be announced during the Award Ceremony on Oct 25th, 2018.ENDS
About Fintech Valley Vizag:
The Fintech Valley in Vizag is a self-sustainable global Fintech Ecosystem promoted by Government of Andhra Pradesh. It focuses on converging finance and technology to create large avenues of growth through industry-enablers, world-class infrastructure, entrepreneurship and innovation.