The world’s oldest organized centre enters its100th yearon 25thDecember
· Over 10 million people worldwide expected to participate
· Aims to open 100 new yoga centres across India
· Will hold Yoga camps with Ayush Mantralaya nationwide
Mumbai, 18 Dec 2017: Founded by Sri Yogendraji, The Yoga Institute is the oldest Yoga school running with the mission to spread the message of yoga in every household. The legacy of Shri Yogendraji is being carried forward by his son Dr.JayadevaYogendra, President of the Institute and his wife, Smt. HansaYogendra as Director.
Its efforts and quality teaching have made The Yoga Institute the first institute to be Certified by the Quality Council of India. Everyday, 1,500+ people visit the Institute to learn and practice Yoga. With the 3 generations of the Yogendra family and more than 50,000 teachers trained globally, The Yoga Institute is working relentlessly to make Yoga a way of living.
The Yoga Institute is entering its 100th year on 25th December 2017. To mark the 100th Anniversary Year of the Institute, year-long yoga awareness events and camps will take place all over the world.
The inauguration of the 100th year and the 99thFoundation day will be held in the presence of dignitaries like Honorable Vice President of India Shri Venkaiah Naidu, Honorable Governor of Maharashtra C Vidyasagar Rao, Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri DevendraPhadnavis, Dr. D R Kaarthikeyan, Former Ex CBI Chief, Acharya Dr.Lokesh Muni ji, Founder- Ahimsa Vishwabharati, Swami ChidanandSaraswatiji, President of ParamarthNiketan, Hrishikesh on 24THDecember 2017 at The Yoga Institute.
Following this, on 25THDecember 2017 at St. Xavier’s College,Mumbai, an International Yoga Seminar on Yoga: The Culture of Tomorrow, will take place where enlightening sessions by Dr. B.M Hegde (World renowned Cardiologist and Medical Scientist) and Sadhvi BhagwatiSaraswatiji ( Founder of Divine Shakti Foundation, Hrishikesh) will be held. Samatvam: An open medico-yogic counselling camp will be organised later in the evening. In addition to this, cultural programme will be held where The Yoga Institute Anthem will be launched and famous Santoor Maestro Rahul Sharma and group will be performing.
During the centenary year period the following will be held:
1. Yoga Public Health Initiative : Inauguration of 100 Classical Yoga Centres across the country by the end of 2018 to promote yoga as a part of lifestyle and promote healthy living.
2. Global Yoga Art Week- Exploring The Artistic Side of Yoga and SpiritualityInviting world renowned artists to create artworks on Yoga and Spirituality.
3. Corporate Yoga: Launching a Yoga Revolution amongst national & international corporates.
4. Yoga Research Centre: Inauguration of a well equipped research to investigate the biological effect of various yogic techniques on human body.
5. Yoga Camps: A month ahead of International Yoga Day, hold yoga camps across the four corners of the city of Mumbai (Vashi, Goregaon, LowerParel/BKC & Oval/AzaadMaidan) where we are anticipating a large crowd. On International yoga day 2018, free yoga camp will be held at the Mumbai Mantralaya for the government officials & general public. Similar free yoga camps will be held across the nation.
6. Run for Yoga on 25th November 2018: First of its kind Run, where participants will run to raise Yoga awareness.
7. Grand Yoga Carnival: 23rd – 25th December 2018
23rd December 2018: Yoga Seminar and Conference on the theme Yoga and Education.Yoga Education exhibit, an award ceremony to appreciate achievements and research in yoga, 100 year alumni meet.
24th December 2018: Yogic Food Festival to promote sattvik versions of multinational cuisines, showcasing different live food counters from around the globe by famous chefs.
25th December 2018: The magnificent Foundation Day Celebrations will witness portrayal of beautiful yogic culture in the form of art and music at BKC Mumbai in the presence of great visionaries, yogis and leaders. The Cultural Eve will be marked by a concert, by the famous International musicians.
SmtHansajiJayadevaYogendra, Director – The Yoga Institute, said, “Throughout our 100thyear, we look forward to engagement and participation of over ten million people from across the globe physically and via digital means. We hope the celebrations will create greater awareness of the immense value of yoga for humanity, and contribute to the holistic development of communities through economic, social, intellectual and spiritual integration, in line with the invaluable life-mission of our Founder Shri Yogendraji.”
Apart from these major activities, each month during the centenary year we aim to conduct multiple free yoga camps, health workshops, online yoga sessions, yoga for kids, transgenders, patients at mental asylum and many more. All the yogic events will be a meeting place for yoga masters, spiritual leaders, doctors, researchers and yoga practitioners, for them to network, collaborate, learn and grow. “In the service of mankind this is our effort to make the world free from health-related suffering and violence. Our ultimate aim is to promote peace and harmony across the globe and let India be known as the World Peace Maker,” SmtHansajiJayadevaYogendraji said.