Mumbai, August 9, 2017 (GPN) : Bank of India announced its audited results for the Q1 FY 2017-18, following the approval of its Board of Directors.
· Global Business of the Bank stood at Rs.934796 crore as on June 30, 2017 against Rs.885573 crore as on June 30,2016.
· CASA Deposits grew by 25.2% YoY and its share in Domestic deposits improved from 35.33% in June 2016 to 39.12% in June 2017.
· The Gross Advances at Rs.391062 crore, grew by 0.90% YoY.
· Retail Loans increased by 13% YoY and stood at Rs 42,802 crore as on June 30, 2017. The share of Retail Loans in Total Domestic Advances increased from 13.80 % in June 2016 to 15.20% in June 2017.
· Priority Sector advances stood at Rs 1,13,635 crore which constitutes 41.20 % of ANBC. Agriculture advances were Rs 54,542 crore forming 19.77% of ANBC. Both the sectoral advances were above the Regulatory stipulations.
· The share of Retail Time Deposits of less than Rs. 1.00 crore constitutes 76.08 % of Bank’s total time deposits.
· Bank’s Gross NPA ratio declined sequentially and was 13.05% as on June 30, 2017 as against 13.22% as on March 31, 2017. The Net NPAratio declined to 6.70% as on June 30, 2017 against 6.90% as on March 31, 2017.
· Total Global Restructured Standard Assets of the Bank were Rs 11679 crore as on June 30, 2017. The Total Stressed Assets (GNPA + Restructured Standard Assets) as percentage of Global Gross Advances declined from 16.47% in June,2016 to 16.03% in June,2017.
· Gross NPA stood at Rs.51019 crore, which is lower than the end March,2017 level of Rs. 52045 crore.
· Net NPA also stood lower at Rs.24370 crore as on June 30, 2017 which is lower than the end March,2017 level of Rs.25305 crore.
· The Provision Coverage Ratio improved from 53.06% in June 2016 to
63.54% in June 2017, which was at 61.47% in March,2017.
PROFIT – Q1 FY2017-18:
· The Bank’s Operating Profit rose by 43.83%, from Rs. 1654 crore during Q1 2016-17 to Rs.2379 crore during Q1 2017-18.
· The Net Profit (PAT) of the Bank stood at Rs.87.71 crore for Q1-FY2017-18 as against. (-) Rs.741 crore PAT for corresponding period last year and (-) Rs.1045.52 crore for Quarter ended March,2017.
· Non-Interest Income in Q1-FY 2017-18 has improved to Rs.1611 crore compared to Rs.1238 crore in Q1-FY 2016-17 with an increase of 30.08% YoY.
· Total Operating Expenses has been curtailed by 25.22% from Rs.2360 crore in Q1-FY 2016-17 to Rs. 1765 crore in Q1-FY 2017-18.
· The CRAR on solo basis (Basel III) improved from 12.14% as on March 31, 2017 to 12.38% as on June 30, 2017. The Tier-I Capital stood at 9.02% and Tier -II Capital at 3.36% with an improvement over March,2017 which were 8.90% and 3.24%, respectively.
· Debit cards base increased to 485 lakh as on June 30, 2017 from 376 lakh as on June 30, 2016.
· Internet Banking users (Retail) increased to 43.23 lakh as on June 30, 2017 from 35.30 lakh as on June 30, 2016.
· Mobile Banking users increased to 1.51 lakh as on June 30, 2017 from 1.29 lakh as on June 30, 2016.
· Bank of India ranked as the 2ndMost Trusted Bank in the PSU Bank category by Economic Times.
· IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Award, Best Bank for Managing IT Ecosystem, large Bank category.
· IDRBT Banking Technology Excellence Award, Best Bank for Electronic Payments, large bank category.
· Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India National, Khadi and Village Industries Award for Excellence in the field of Khadi & Village Industries, under PMEGP East & West Zones for FY2013-14 & FY2014-15 respectively.
· In-house Magazine ‘Tarangan’ conferred with International award for Best In-house Magazine – 7thCMO Asia Award at Singapore.
· RSETI award of Commendation- Third prize presented to Bank of India for contribution to the RSETI movement during FY-2015-16 under category “A”.